Jumpstart to Jobs is an Early College & Career Education initiative for Chicago’s rising seniors to begin building their college transcript and career credentials before graduation. Students will gain knowledge, skills and college credit that will benefit them regardless of whether their post secondary plan is a 4-year degree, 2-year degree, or entering the workforce.
Jumpstart to Jobs General Information
- Program is open to all eligible juniors at public, charter and options schools.
- Program participation includes free tuition, transportation, and books.
- Program has a variety of 5-6 course J2J Pathways offered at certain CCC Campuses.
- Program begins the summer before senior year and ends with graduation.
- Program requires an early release schedule senior year, similar to Gallery 37 and Chicago Builds.
Jumpstart to Jobs Outcomes
- Participants will earn at least 15 credits, a full semester of college credit, before graduation.
- Participants will achieve a Basic Certificate in the J2J Pathway they pursue.
- Participants will access internship, networking and career exposure opportunities.
Jumpstart to Jobs Student Eligibility
- Must be a current junior in the Rising Senior Class of 2020, on-track with no recovery needs.
- Must demonstrate commitment to education with at least 90% attendance.
- Must demonstrate consistency in course work with at least a 2.5 GPA.
- Must meet CCC course eligibility, which may include college ready test scores for some pathways.
Jumpstart to Jobs Application Process
- Applications will launch October 2018 and will close on Friday, February 1, 2019.
- All applicants must complete CCC Placement Testing by February 1, 2019.
- Each CCC campus application outlines each of the J2J Pathways offered at that campus.
- Counselors will be sent an applicant recommendation form, due by Friday, February 15, 2019.
- Both students and counselors will receive notice of seat offers the first week of March 2019.
- All first-round seat offers must be accepted or declined by Friday, March 22, 2019.
Jumpstart to Jobs Informational Sessions
Applicants, and their guardians, are highly encouraged to attend an Informational Session at the CCC campus hosting the J2J Pathway of interest to learn more about the program and potential opportunities. Dates for the sessions at the various CCC campuses will be announced in December 2018.
Click the links or images below to access each campus’s pathway and application.