Dual Credit

Do You Want To Earn College Credit While In High School?

Click here to view the 2017-2018 Dual Enrollment course offerings!

The Dual Credit program allows you as a high school junior or senior the opportunity to earn college credits while also completing high school graduation requirements. Credits earned are transferable to many four-year colleges or universities.

There are currently forty CPS high schools offering college courses that are general education requirements for most degrees.  Students at these high schools typically have access to courses such as Biology, Business, Chemistry, Computer Science, Criminal Justice, English, Foreign Languages, Humanities, Mathematics, Physics and Social Sciences.  Courses are weighted as AP courses and can therefore, enhance your overall GPA.

The goal of these courses is to provide rigor that will prepare students for the college experience. CCC works with each CPS high school to ensure the courses meet the same standards as courses taken at a CCC campus. Dual Credit courses are taught by CCC-qualified instructors who require you as a student to work at the college level and complete the same coursework as students at any of the seven CCC college campuses.

By taking these courses you may find that colleges are very interested in students who have already proven their readiness for college by passing such courses prior to high school graduation. You can then walk into college with several general education classes completed, thus decreasing the time to college graduation and money needed for tuition!

How can I Qualify?

  • Be a junior or senior in high school
  • Most courses require placement a 540 SAT score in Math and English.

How Do You Enroll?

  • Speak with your counselor or college and career coach to determine if CCC Dual Credit is available at your high school
  • Confirm your readiness for college level course work via the ACT/COMPASS
  • Ask that course(s) be added to your schedule for the upcoming school year
  • Complete CCC application online, paperwork at school and have a parent sign the permission form
  • Your high school will confirm your enrollment with CCC

Once Enrolled. . .

You will receive the following from your high school and CCC:

  • CCC student ID number
  • CCC photo ID
  • CCC student email account
  • CCC official transcript upon completion of course
  • A visit to CCC which will include an introduction and access to CCC student resources such as:
    • Blackboard
    • Tutoring
    • Advising
    • Career Counseling

  • There are currently no scheduled events.